Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Guaranteed Win

You win some, you lose some. Tonight, we do both! The night has arrived in which the Rising Suns split for Team Rising VS Team Suns. If everyone shows up, I am fairly certain we're looking at an 11 on 11 match up.

Team Suns, captained by First Lobster Ali, includes Joe Barber, Scrappy Doo, Amy "the Bad Ass" Hussey, KLynch, Kat, Josh, Harry Potter, the Pope, Jill the Scientist, and yours truly. Team Rising, captained by BK, has the other 11 people. I'm fairly certain that team includes Allie, BVDubs, BPH, and Walter subbing for John Pugh.





 
 
 
What's at stake are three things:
  1. Bragging rights, obviously
  2. The losing team buys the first round of pitchers for the victors tonight
  3. Some sort of side-bet with the Captains. I don't know what BK gets if he wins, but Ali gets to do the lineup for a game TBD should her team be victorious.
More importantly than all of that, tonight is a night for having fun, trying new positions, and playing the field.

See what I did there?
 My prediction is that it will be a close game and people will have fun. Particularly during the inning in which I am catching and thus able to mercilessly heckle each batter.

Expect discourse to remain on this level
That's all I've got. See you tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment